In recent years, as Last Man has grown on Twitter, it has also received increasing amounts of media coverage. Below are links to some of that coverage.
- New Yorker article about Last Man by Reeves Wiedeman, 2/13/2015
- The New Yorker article spawned a bunch of follow-on coverage by other media sources, including Mashable, Deadspin, Slate’s sports podcast (subscription only), NRC Handelsblad (a Dutch newspaper), entertainment.ie (an Irish Times-owned website), the Stanford Arts Review, SB Nation’s Bengals and Kansas blogs, and WITL-FM in Lansing, Michgan.
- There were also discussions of the New Yorker Last Man article on Metafilter, Fark, and Reddit (mainly here and here). And it was on the front page of Digg for a while, and on Longreads.
- WARNING: The New Yorker article, and much of the follow-on coverage and discussion, is not safe for active Knowledge Runners to read, because it contains The Knowledge. A redacted, de-Knowledge-ified version of the New Yorker article can be found here.
- ABC News article, 2/5/2015
- Again, not safe for active Runners. Redacted version here.
- Now I Know newsletter piece by Dan Lewis, 1/30/2015
- Hello Internet podcast discussing Last Man, 10/10/2014
- NOTE: The Hello Internet segment discussing Last Man (and related concepts) starts around the 30-minute mark of the episode, and continues for ~10 minutes.
- Marketplace by American Public Media, 6/16/2014
- NOTE: The Last Man segment of the Marketplace episode starts at 4 minutes in. Please be aware that the interview was heavily edited (especially in regards to the final question and answer, which doesn’t make much sense in the #lastman context).
- TLDR podcast about Last Man from NPR’s On The Media, 2/6/2014
- NOTE: This NPR-sponsored podcast episode and the New Yorker article are generally considered the most accurate, complete, and definitive media treatments of Last Man.
- ABC News article, 2/3/2014
- NBC Sports article, 2/6/2013
- Business Insider article and follow-up, 2/6/2013
Blog posts, forum threads, etc. about Last Man